Excursion to Prometheus Cave and Martvili Canyon: An exciting excursion into the world of canyons and caves is a one-day tour.
The tour contains two of the most striking sights of the regions of Imereti and Samegrelo. Prometheus Cave is a complex of karst caves, accidentally discovered in 1984 in the area of Kumistavi – by the name of the nearby village.
Martvilli Canyon is one of the most beautiful and amazing canyons of Georgia. It is on the list of 10 popular places in Georgia. This canyon belongs to the “wet canyons”, and its distinctive feature is that even if the temperature is +40, the canyon is always fresh and comfortable.
Route: Batumi – Prometheus Cave – Martvili Canyon – Batumi
Duration: full day
Meeting point: pick up from the hotel.
- We’ll go to an amazing underworld – the castra cave of Prometheus. This is the largest equipped cave in Georgia (length – 1450 m, height – up to 80 m). The kingdom of underground lakes, rivers, stalactites and stalagmites. If you wish, you can take a boat ride along the underground river, admiring the natural beauty of the underground “kingdom”, which flows into a mountain lake. In the cave, all year round, the temperature is + 14-15 degrees and quite humid – 98%.
- We move to the Martvili canyon on the Abasha river, where you can take a boat ride with an instructor along the picturesque riverbed, along the so-called “baths of the Dadiani princes”, admire the cascade of waterfalls and walk along the stone steps where Napoleon’s relatives left their traces.
- Lunch at Sanapiro (extra charge): This region is famous for the most delicious: elardzhi, Megrelian khachapuri, gebzhaliya ..
Price of excursion to Prometheus cave and Martvili canyon – 1$
Children under 10 years old get a 20% discount.
The tour price includes:
- guide services;
- transfer along the route.
The tour price does not include:
- entrance tickets to Prometheus cave and Martvili canyon;