The most popular destination from Batumi. Here you will have sea views, with crystal clear water and magnificent views of the border with Turkey, and then you will find yourself in a mountainous region with rich nature, mountain rivers and protected forests.
Route: Batumi – turkish border of Sarpi – the fortress of Gonio-Apsaros – the bridge of Queen Tamara – the Makhunseti waterfall – the vineyards at wine cellar – Batumi
Duration: 5-6 h
Start: 9:00 – 10:00
- We will visit the fortress of Gonio-Apsaros (I century A.D.) – the oldest outpost on the territory of Georgia. Many myths and legends are associated with the Gonio fortress, including the famous story of the glorious campaign of the Argonauts in Colchis for the Golden Fleece. According to another legend, the grave of the Apostle Mathias, one of the 12 disciples of Jesus Christ, is on the territory of the fortress.
- We will drive to the Georgian – Turkish border of Sarpi. On the way, we will take photos at the waterfall and the statue of St. Andrew, which is dedicated to the arrival of the Saint in Georgia in the 1st century A.D.
- The road leads us to the mountainous region of Adjara Keda with the unique nature of the subtropics, gorges, rivers and amazing landscapes. You will see the confluence of two mountain rivers – Chorokhi and Adzharistskali, the Makhunseti waterfall (54 m high) is considered to be the pearl of Mountainous Adjara, the arched bridge of Queen Tamara (12th century) and swimming in a pool of a waterfall or in a mountain river (optional); And then a free tasting of honey, homemade wine and chacha are awaiting us!!
- And finally, lunch in the vineyards at Shervashidze wine cellar! We will get acquainted with the technology of wine production by local residents, we will see containers from the past centuries for crushing grapes, collecting and storing wine, where we can purchase the wines we like and visit the vineyards.
During the tour, you can purchase:
- honey and various souvenirs, near the Makhuntseti waterfall;
- wine at a private winery;
- rafting tickets – 35 GEL per person.
As an option, an individual tour is also possible!
The tour price includes:
- Transfers on comfortable buses and minibuses as part of the tour;
- Excursion programs with a professional English-speaking guide;
- Wine tasting, chacha and honey
The price does not include:
- lunch at the winery (choice of dishes from the menu);
- Entrance fees to Gonio Fortress