Excursion to the Mtirala reserve: a walk in the subtropical jungle – for lovers of the jungle and beautiful selfies.
One day trek through the subtropical jungle. If you want to plunge into the jungle world, then you are here. Pristine wilderness. Here you will see the Colchis forest, rare plants from the Red Book, boxwood groves, mountain waterfalls and lakes. The reserve is always warm and humid
The reserve got its name because of the large amount of precipitation that falls on this mountain. Mtirala means “crying” in Georgian. And its area is almost 6 thousand hectares. In 1959, the Tsiskari meteorological station was built on Mount Mtirala, which recorded the largest amount of precipitation in the Soviet Union.
Route: Batumi – Kutaisi – Batumi
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting point: Pick up from the hotel.
- Ascent to the mountain waterfall.
- Going to the lake. In the warm season, you can swim both under the waterfall and in the lake. On request, we can arrange a picnic by the lake.
- For fans of extreme sports, there is a zip-line and a rope park in Mtirala National Park.
- And at the end of the path you will find a ferry across the river on a trailer with a cable that you move manually)
- In Mtirala you can taste and buy delicious mountain honey.
Price of excursion to the Mtirala reserve:
- Price for minivan up to 7 people – 107 $
- Price for a sprinter from 8 to 18 people – 121 $
Children under 10 years old get a 20% discount.
Included in cost:
- guide services;
- transfer along the route.
The price does not include:
- crossing the river in a trailer;
- rope park;