Excursion to Sataplia reserve and Martvili canyon: Following the tracks of dinosaurs
Sataplia Nature Reserve is a corner of prehistoric nature, with relic forests, a karst cave and even fossilized tracks of dinosaurs that lived in these places in the Mesozoic era, 160 million years ago. Very long time ago, wild bees lived in the depths of the local caves.
What will definitely impress you the most is the observation deck at the highest point of the reserve, which is raised above the rock in the form of a horseshoe. And Martvili canyon is one of the most beautiful and amazing canyons in Georgia. It is on the list of 10 popular places in Georgia, which have been awarded the status of a natural monument.
Route: Batumi – Sataplia Nature Reserve – Martvili Canyon – Batumi
Duration: full day
Meeting point: Pick up from the hotel.
- Moving to the Sataplia Nature Reserve, where you will find a cozy Colchis forest, castres cave and a visiting card of the reserve – an observation deck;
- We move to the Martvili canyon on the Abasha river, where you can take a boat ride with an instructor along the picturesque riverbed, along the so-called “baths of the Dadiani princes”, admire the cascade of waterfalls and walk along the stone steps where Napoleon’s relatives left their traces;
- Lunch at a restaurant in Kutaisi.
Price of excursion to Sataplia cave and Martvili canyon:
- Price for a minivan up to 7 people – 172 $
- Price for a sprinter from 8 to 18 people – 218 $
Children under 10 years old get a 20% discount.
Included in cost:
- guide services;
- transfer along the route
The price does not include:
- entrance tickets to Sataplia and Martvili;