Excursion to Mtskheta and Uplistsikhe: Christian Shrines of Georgia is a one-day tour from Tbilisi to the spiritual capital of Georgia – Mtskheta.
Georgia is a country where statehood was born not only very early, but also a country with high spirituality, because Georgia became Christian country in the 4th century, in 326.
Route: Tbilisi – Mtskheta – Uplistsikhe – Tbilisi
Duration: 1 day
Meeting point: Pick up from the hotel.
- Mtskheta is a city-museum. The city is home to a large number of temples and monasteries. A city that amazes all guests who have been here with its exclusivity.
- It was the Jvari temple that impressed M.Yu. Lermontov, who wrote here his “Mtsyri” (quote verse)
- Uplistsikhe is the city of God. This cave city keeps the secrets of both prehistoric times and early Christianity. It keeps traces of frequent conquests and traces of rise and prosperity. Here Queen Tamar was married to the kingdom. Here you will feel the greatness of the old days.
- lunch optional
Price of excursion to Mtskheta and Uplistsikhe:
- Price for a minivan up to 7 people – 163 $
- Price for a sprinter from 8 to 18 people – 232 $
Children under 10 years old get a 20% discount.
Included in cost:
- guide services;
- transfer along the route;
The price does not include:
- souvenir products;
- personal expenses.