Excursion to Martvili and Okatse canyons, Kinchkha waterfall – one of the most breathtaking natural monuments of Georgia, which are included in all tourist lists of top places that must be visited during a vacation in Batumi. But not every traveler knows about all the treasures and secrets of this picturesque corner.
Route: Batumi – Martvili Canyon – Okatse Canyon – Kinchkha Waterfall – Gorduli – Batumi
Duration: 10 – 12 hours
Meeting point: Pick up from the hotel.
- During the excursion, we will visit Martvili canyon and be surprised at the quaint architect who created this unique beauty. The purest mountain river Abasha made its way through high cliffs, forming a narrow tunnel, ending in a grandiose waterfall! If you wish, you can go boating along the canyon.
- Okatse Canyon, where we will walk along a suspended hiking trail over the gorge at an altitude of about 200 meters and enjoy the stunning scenery from the observation deck above the canyon; Thrilling sensations and trembling knees are guaranteed.
- On the way, we stop at Gorduli – a factory for the manufacture of churchkhela, a well-known Georgian delicacy. Churchkhela there is always the freshest and highest quality)).
- Then the steep Kinchkha Waterfall awaits. This place is interesting for a cascade of waterfalls, which are named for their location. The upper waterfall, which is about 100 meters high, is located at an altitude of 1000-1110 meters above sea level and flows into the Okatse River. A little further downstream there is a more powerful and beautiful, but less high (60 meters) waterfall. The river itself flows through a white limestone gorge. The reservoirs in the Upper Canyon were used by the princes as baths. This is evidenced by special buildings made of white stone. They are located 100-150 meters above the waterfall.
- Lunch at a restaurant or picnic (optional).
Price of excursion to Martvili and Okatse canyons, Kinchkha waterfall:
- Price for minivan up to 7 people – 195 $
- Price for a sprinter from 8 to 18 people – 241 $
Children under 10 years old get a 20% discount.
Included in cost:
- guide services
- transfer along the route
The price does not include:
- entrance tickets to Martvili, Okatse canyons, Kinchkha waterfall;
- transfer from the Okatse entrance to the suspension bridge;