Excursion to Kazbegi: Ananuri, Zhinvali, Pasanauri, observation deck + Gergeti is a one-day excursion to the homeland of khinkali.
The famous Cross Pass, described in many famous literary works by Pushkin, Lermontov, Dumas, Ilf and Petrov … The unique, breathtaking view of mountain landscapes, narrow mountain roads through the pass and real Pasanaur khinkali will not leave you indifferent.
Route: Tbilisi – Ananuri – Zhinvali – Pasanauri – observation deck – Gergeti – Tbilisi
Duration: full day
Meeting point: Pick up from the hotel.
- Zhinvali reservoir is considered one of the most beautiful places in Georgia. It is the largest artificial lake in the country. Once upon a time there was an ancient city on this place. In spring, when the water level drops, you can see the cross, the dome and even the entire church of this ancient city. Zhinvali was built relatively recently in 1984.
- Ananuri fortress. For many centuries, this stronghold was the last line of defense for the inhabitants of this part of the country – the fortress blocks the entrance to the gorge and in order to get there, the enemy had to seize the bastions, and this was rarely possible for anyone …
- Lunch at the Pasanauri restaurant. Pasanauri is the birthplace of the famous khinkali.
- “friendship of theNations” observation deck overlooking a deep and very beautiful gorge.
- From the village of Stepantsminda we go to the top of Mount Kazbeg, which is one of the highest mountains in the Caucasus (5033m). Here, if we are lucky and the peak is not behind the clouds, we will see the peak of Mount Kazbek. Visit to the Church of the Holy Trinity (Sameba) in Gergeti, built in the 14th century on the top of this mountain (over 2300 meters high) near Kazbegi, climbing Gergeti on deliks.
- Lunch is optional.
Tour price to Kazbegi:
- Price for a minivan up to 7 people – 241 $
- Price for a sprinter from 8 to 18 people – 288 $
Children under 10 years old get a 20% discount.
Included in cost:
- guide services;
- transfer along the route;
- ascent by transfer to Gergeti.
The price does not include:
- souvenir products;
- visiting a restaurant;
- personal expenses.