Kakheti is a special region of Georgia. It is a granary of grapes and naturally famous Georgian wine, which flows like a river here.
Route: Tbilisi – Bodbe – Signagi – Tsinandali – Velistsikhe – Telavi – Tbilisi
Duration: full day
Meeting point: Pick up from the hotel
- Monastery complex of St. George “Bodbe”. The Bodbe Monastery of the 4th century is the abode where Saint Nino, who brought Christianity to Georgia, rests. In the Middle Ages, Bodbe Cathedral was the site of the coronation of the Kakhetian kings. By the Decree of the Russian Emperor Alexander III, from the end of the 19th century a convent was opened here, which functions to the present day. The territory of the monastery offers a beautiful view of the Alazani Valley and the snow-capped peaks of the Caucasus Mountains.
- Sightseeing tour of the recently restored city of love, small, beautiful Sighnaghi, which is famous for its eponymous fortress, included in the list of the most famous fortresses in Georgia. If you wish, here you can get married to a citizen of any country.
- Visiting the ancestral estate of the princely family of Chavchavadze, we will get acquainted with the history and life of the secular society in Georgia in the 18th – 19th centuries. After visiting the famous Tsinandali winery, we will walk through the park in the estate.
- Another tasting will take place at the Peasant Wine House in Velistsikhe. For lunch, we will visit a peasant farm, taste barbecue, as well as wines prepared in the traditional Kakhetian way in clay jugs – qvevri, known in Georgia for over 6000 years. And today peasants in their households make wines according to old recipes. We will also try the famous Georgian churchkhela.
- Then we will visit the city of Telavi and get acquainted with the main city of Kakheti. We will admire the palace of Heraclius 2 and make a wish at the Platan, which is 1000 years old. A beautiful panoramic view of the vineyards of Kakheti and the Caucasus Mountains pacifies and leaves an unforgettable mark in the hearts of our guests.
Price for excursion to Kakheti:
- Price for minivan up to 7 people – 209 $
- Price for a sprinter from 8 to 18 people – 232 $
Children under 10 years old get a 20% discount.
Included in cost:
- guide services;
- transfer along the route;
- wine tasting at the Tsinandali winery;
- entrance to Tsinandali.
The price does not include:
- souvenir products;
- lunch at the Peasant Wine House in Velistsikhe (15 $).